Thursday, August 31, 2017

Special View


Early morning,
long exposure,
see what the eye cannot.

2016


Old man-hole
covers threat.

2015



The theory of nicotine-based herbicides causing problems with bees is clear to me.
I have photographed far too many dead bees, face deep in the flower's chemistry.
I noticed this one was still moving after taking a few shots.
Needless to say I tried to save its life.
It tried to fly.
Who knows if I made a difference.
I choose hope.


2014


A camera is a licence to inspect things I wouldn't have given a second thought. As I study flowers, I have found an odd phenomena: dead bees. It's an overdose. They're stone-cold, thorax deep in the good-stuff. Today, I noticed a bee flying around this plant. Then, I noticed the three dead ones, all assuming this same pose. But one didn't seem so dead. I blew on it. It moved, slowly. I blew harder and it seemed to roll over. I took a pic. Dead bees make great models and I have many pics. This is the first one I caught still alive.  It only looks like peek-a-boo, In reality, this bee is sprawled-out, dying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment