Friday, December 1, 2017

Frosted Red Rose


Frozen roses
still grow
late into the season.

2016

I simply love taking pictures
where clouds become fire.

2015


Layers of clouds
created stark
difference in color.

2014

My Mother's Present





Comparing these images illustrates how light interacts with this work. To truly know it is to be in its presence. It moves. It shimmers. My unique style of pencil, acrylic, and gel-texture was born of a long history. This is my first public display of the technique. It is a gift for my mother's birthday. I call it, 'A life well lived.' The symbols representing the light, form words, ideas, and memories from our lives together. It is as much an emotional tribute to her presence in my life as well as a journal of that territory. As with my father, my mother is the light of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment